Of all the service niches and systems in high demand today, domestic freight forwarders are among the most sought-after and for good reason. With the unexpected acceleration of e-commerce, there also comes a renewed need for logistics managers and network directors to be on top of their game when it comes to how they are implementing technology within supply chain management. And in freight forwarding, it’s important to know these top uses of technology and how they add value.
Domestic Freight Forwarders Use Technology to Communicate
In recent years, we’ve seen rapid advancements in collaboration and communication technology. Companies like Slack, Twilio, and Facebook are changing the way we interact with each other and the world. This fundamental shift in communication includes freight forwarders as software continues to eat the world.
It’s imperative that these logistic players begin embracing more modern ways to engage, differentiate, and offer customer-friendly tech to their clients. Supply chain technology can add strategic layers to their business that can make it easier for freight forwarders to communicate in several ways. This includes many advantages, including:
- Improved distribution of information in the network.
- Streamlined network communication platform options.
- Enhanced speed accompanying data exchange processes.
The takeaway: embracing technology can open doors for faster and more effective communication lines within any network.
They Apply Technology to Reduce Back-Office Processes
Modern domestic freight forwarders still struggle with back-office tasks and often get bogged down in mundane tasks.
According to Logistics Management, tech and automaton greatly reduce wasted time since it can help achieve the following:
- Automated routine processes and frees up man-hours.
- Organized records and data in a fast and secure way.
- Normalized multi-tasking routines on a daily basis.
The takeaway: Freight forwarding services require specialized record-keeping, which technology can greatly simplify.
Technology Helps Domestic Freight Forwarders Find Loads
Load procurement is yet another major issue for forwarders of all types and often presents major freight forwarding challenges for management. Embracing modern processes and tools can make this process easier in a number of ways, including:
- Better accessibility to digital job posting dashboards for real-time postings.
- New and enhanced competitive advantage for rates and services.
- Reduction in capacity loss and lower fees and expenses.
Domestic forwarders will always need to locate capacity and loads, and digital dashboards make it easier.
It Helps to Connect and Collaborate With More Carriers
Managing an effective network of domestic freight forwarders requires specialized care and attention with respect to network diversity. Collaboration, teamwork, and connectedness are all vital for success and comes with technology thanks to:
- Better team-wide digital collaboration opportunities with a single source of truth for logistics management.
- Faster online correspondence times and methods.
- Improved virtual networking and sharing possibilities.
The takeaway: keeping track of everyone in the forwarding and network can be a challenge, but forwarding technology makes it easy. Automated alerts, emails, and push notifications are now available – and expected.
Technology Automates the Settlement and Payment Process
Domestic freight forwarders often find themselves chasing down customers to secure final payments.
Digital processing and technologically based invoices can speed the process up by doing the following:
- Implementing quicker payment initiation and follow-ups.
- Ensuring fewer invoice errors on both ends.
- Promoting greater response timelines to address issues.
The takeaway: freight forwarding companies of all sizes benefit greatly from embracing real-time technological innovation.
Technology Promotes Automated Domestic Freight Forwarders
Automation is the way of the future and is quickly becoming the new normal within modern supply chains and forwarding networks.
It advances domestic forwarding processes in a number of critical ways:
- Improves overall goal setting and achievement.
- Allows for more tech involvement and utilization.
- Ensure market compatibility and competitive advantage.
The takeaway: automation makes continued growth and success more effortless and cost-effective too.
Enable Your Forwarding Team by Putting the Right System in Place
The final way domestic freight forwarders can benefit from embracing modern technology is through the proper use of digital tools, dashboards, platforms, and equipment. Technology makes it easy to improve overall acceptance and network implementation of digital processes. It also allows for better opportunities that otherwise would have been missed out on. Domestic freight forwarders cannot afford to ignore the software, hardware, and technology that is staring them right in the face. Connect with Cargologik to get started.